OOZEBALL FEST 2019: RULES AND REGULATIONS
Date: Saturday, July 20, 2019
Place: Anderson’s 1925 Fisher Arch, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
Time: Approximately 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Anderson’s, Sage Kitchen, and the All In, All The Time Foundation are excited to welcome you to our 2nd Annual Oozeball Fest Tournament. This year, we will have both Rec and Professional leagues.
Any person shall be deemed eligible to participate in the Oozeball Fest Tournament if the following requirements are met:
- Must be 15 years of age or older
- Participants must have no physical or mental health problems that preclude or restrict participation, sign the Acknowledgment of Risk and Release of Liability, and pay the registration fee through all in. all the time. foundation.
- The team captain must register the team and submit payment online prior to registration closure. Your team may lose its spot in the tournament if these guidelines are not met.
- Your team must meet the minimum eligibility requirements by Sunday, July 14, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. to be added to either the professional or recreational bracket. This means you must have a minimum of six (6) players registered, with at least 2 females. After this point, substitutions may still be made and players may be added to a maximum of 10 as long as the team maintains those eligibility requirements.
- In order for a team to participate, they must have a representative at the mandatory Captain’s Meeting on Monday, July 15, 2019 at 8 p.m. at Sage Kitchen. There will be no exceptions!
- NEW THIS YEAR: We will have both Rec and Professional leagues.
- Each team shall consist of at least six (6) members and up to four (4) alternates for a total of ten (10) members.
- Six (6) players must be on the court during game play. At the discretion of the Oozeball Fest Tournament Coordinator, we may allow a team to finish the tournament with fewer than six (6) players.
- At least two (2) of your team’s players must be female.
- At least two (2) women must be on the court at all times.
- Each member of the team will electronically sign an Acknowledgment of Risk and Release of Liability. This form will be available to each player online when they register for Oozeball Fest. No one may play in the Oozeball Fest Tournament without having a signed an Acknowledgement of Risk and Release of Liability.
- After registration, the number of players on a team may fluctuate as long as you have no fewer than six (6) players and no more than ten (10) players registered. Teams must also meet and maintain the gender requirement. In the event that a player becomes unavailable to participate in the Oozeball Fest Tournament, substitutions for individual players can be made until Friday, July 12, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- Each player can compete on one and only one team during the Oozeball Fest Tournament.
Anderson’s Virginia Beach, LLC.; Sage Kitchen; All In, All The Time Foundation; Princessboro Development Co.; or our sponsors assume no potential liability nor responsibility for lost/stolen items or for injuries related to the Oozeball Fest Tournament. Participants are reminded that their participation is completely voluntary.
Remember, anyone who does not sign the Acknowledgement of Risk and Release of Liability form will not be allowed to play. NO EXCEPTIONS! These forms will be given to each Captain at the mandatory Captain’s Meeting, and be available on-site at the event.
- Members of the team are NOT required to wear their official Oozeball Fest Tournament T-shirts during the games.
- Teams are encouraged to incorporate a theme/uniform and will be rewarded in the “Theme Your Team” contest by a majority of votes during the competition.
- Check the weather; we play rain or shine, so dress accordingly! Severe inclement weather could delay or cancel all or part of the Oozeball Fest Tournament, as player safety is our top priority.
- Closed-toed shoes, tennis shoes, or sneakers must be worn at all times. NO sandals or open-toed shoes are allowed. Cleats are prohibited.
General Game Rules:
The NCAA Official Volleyball Rules will prevail with the following modifications:
- You must have six (6) players to start the game. If you do not have six (6) players checked in and ready to play within three (3) minutes of the start time, the team will forfeit the game and the opposing team will advance.
- A substitute may replace any player when the ball is dead. She/he must fill in the position vacated by the player she/he is replacing. Abuse of this rule will not be tolerated. Ex: Individual cannot leave front line and on next dead ball enter on the front line again.
- A game shall consist of the following:
- First team to twenty-five (25) points or the team with the most points after twelve (12) minutes wins the game.
- The clock will run continuously throughout the game (there will be no time-outs).
- In the event of a tie, the team that scores the next point wins the game.
- All games will use rally scoring.
- A team does not have to win by two (2) points.
- No more than three (3) consecutive hits of the ball will be made by the same team.
- Spiking and blocking the ball is prohibited.
- All disputes are settled per discretion of the court monitors and Oozeball Fest Tournament Coordinator.
Team registrations are non-refundable. If a team does not meet the eligibility rules or violates another one of the aforementioned rules, we reserve the right to disqualify individual players and/or forfeit teams without issuing refunds. In the event that a player becomes unavailable to participate in the Oozeball Fest Tournament prior to the event date, substitutions for individual players can be made until Friday, July 12, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.